Financial Accounting Foundation Appoints Eight New Members to the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council (FASAC)
Norwalk, CT—December 21, 2020—The Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) Board of Trustees, today announced the appointment of new members to the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council (FASAC). The FAF Trustees also reappointed 26 FASAC members for additional one-year terms.
The FASAC advises the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) on strategic and technical issues, project priorities, and other matters that affect standard setting. The FASAC provides the FASB with diverse perspectives from individuals with varied business and professional backgrounds.
“The FAF and FASB are pleased to welcome our new FASAC members, and we look forward to the insights they will share as they take on this important role helping to improve financial reporting for all our stakeholders,” said Kathleen L. Casey, chair of the FAF Board of Trustees. “I would also like to thank the departing members for their expertise, commitment, and input to the standard-setting process.”
The new FASAC members will serve a one-year term beginning January 1, 2021 and may be reappointed for additional terms. The new appointees are:
- David Gonzales, Vice President – Senior Accounting Analyst, Moody’s Investors Service, Inc.
- Elizabeth A. Hall, Financial Controller, Mars, Incorporated
- Clare A. Hart, Portfolio Manager, Managing Director, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Heather Horn, Deputy Chief Accountant and Strategic Thought Leader, PwC
- Lara T. Long, Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer, AGCO Corporation
- Nirav Parikh, Equity Research Analyst, Mutual of America Capital Management (formerly Mutual of America)
- Brian Regan, Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer, Spectrum Equity
- J.W. Verret, Associate Professor of Law, George Mason University; Expert Witness, Veritas Financial Analytics, LLC.
For the full listing of FASAC members, visit the FASAC webpage.