Media Advisory 01/21/21
Financial Accounting Foundation Trustees Announce New Members and Reappointments of the Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council (GASAC)
Norwalk, CT—January 21, 2021—The Board of Trustees of the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) announced today the appointment of Kristine Brock, Chris Brown, Davis Collins, Samuel Owl, Beth Pearce, Daron Tarlton, Elizabeth Thomas, Stephen Stuart, and Phil Vidal to the Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council (GASAC). All appointees’ terms began January 1, 2021.
In addition to the nine newly named members, the FAF reappointed eight GASAC members and extended the term of Chair Robert Scott by an additional year.
The GASAC advises the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) on strategic and technical issues, project priorities, and other matters that affect standard setting. The GASAC provides the GASB with diverse perspectives from individuals with varied governmental, professional, and occupational backgrounds.
“I am pleased to welcome our new GASAC members and know they will play an important role in the GASB process,” said Kathleen L. Casey, chair of the FAF Board of Trustees. “I would also like to thank the departing members for their time, expertise, and contributions to improving financial reporting for all our stakeholders.”
The new GASAC members will serve a two-year term and are eligible to be reappointed for up to two additional consecutive terms. They are:
- Kristine Brock, City of Franklin, TN, nominated by International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
- Chris Brown, Comptroller, City of Houston, TX, nominated by National League of Cities (NLC)
- Davis Collins, T. Rowe Price, nominated by Investment Company Institute (ICI)
- Samuel Owl, CLA, nominated by Native American Finance Officers Association (NAFOA)
- Beth Pearce, Treasurer, State of Vermont, nominated by National Association of State Treasurers (NAST)
- Stephen Stuart, Bureau of Governmental Research, nominated by Governmental Research Association (GRA)
- Daron Tarlton, Dixon Hughes Goodman, nominated by Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Elizabeth Thomas, Butler Snow, nominated by National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL)
- Phil Vidal, U.S. Census Bureau, nominated by U.S. Census Bureau.
- Duncan Baird, nominated by National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO)
- Robert Balducci, nominated by U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM)
- Kristen Fontana, nominated by Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA)
- Matt Harvey, nominated from insurance industry investors
- Joe Morrissette, nominated by National Governors’ Association (NGA)
- Lise Valentine, nominated by Association of Local Government Auditors (ALGA)
- Lisa Washburn, nominated by National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA)
- Michael Weinstein, nominated from municipal bond insurance industry.
For a complete list of current Council members, visit the GASAC webpage.